Playing online Blackjack at Australia online casino sites is a favourite past time for many gamblers. More so the Live Blackjack Dealer Games because these can be enjoyed all from the comfort of your own home. There are advantages to playing Blackjack online, and they are:
- Many players believe online Blackjack is rigged and that's because no dealer is handing out the cards. With live dealer Blackjack, that myth can now be put to bed as they will be interacting with real live dealers.
- The cards at a Live Casino are also larger than regular cards which will allow the player to see each card and if there is a problem they can communicate directly with the dealer.
- Playing at a live casino is also convenient; you do not need to get dressed up and drive for miles to get to the casino. Also, you can play at any time of the day or night at your convenience.
- You can pick your dealer. You may prefer a male to a female or vice versa and on some sites ethnicities are also offered.
Playing Live Blackjack
The live casino format tries to stay as close to a real-life casino as possible, although it is not quite the same as playing best online slots real money casinos for example. When you sign up to play at online casinos live dealer section, you will be facing the dealer who sits behind the blackjack table. The game will then proceed as usual with the dealer drawing cards from a shoe and laying them down, face up . Another feature is you will also be able to see your fellow player's cards adding to the real casino experience of Live Blackjack.
During each round of Blackjack, time is allotted time, where you can decide on the wager and place your bet accordingly. Once you have done so, no more bets are allowed, and the dealer will start drawing cards. Blackjack aims to beat the dealer's card total to win not to try and hit 21 each time because then you won't be winning much.
Tips with a Live Blackjack Dealer
Blackjack is single-handedly one of the most popular casino games as its more than just luck, it's based on skill as well. When playing against Live Blackjack, there are a few essential tips you should bear in mind:
- Choose a table with a minimum bet, no more than 5% of your bankroll. It will allow you to last longer and stand a chance at beating the dealer.
- Play one hand at a time and rather take the position at the live table furthest away from the dealer because then it's easier to see what cards have been played out.
- Play with optimal strategy and help yourself with a Blackjack chart; these charts assist you in certain situations. For example, when you have a ten and a four and, the live dealer has a ten and a five, what would your next move be? The Blackjack chart should be in line with how many decks the live game has
- Never take insurance as you won't need it unless you count cards. Live blackjack games use multiple decks which makes card counting almost impossible, and this bet is a rip off which all regular Blackjack players know.
- Look for a table that pays 3 to 2 for Blackjack.
Strategies for Live Casino Blackjack
Blackjack aficionados understand there is a correct mathematical way in which to play Blackjack and it's known as basic strategy. It used correctly it minimises the house edge and gives the blackjack player a better chance of winning.
At Live Casinos, dealers do not have the opportunity to assist players with basic strategies. On the odd occasion, they will prompt you if there is an option for a double or split, but that's about as far as it goes. When players refer to the term Basic Blackjack Strategy, it means taking the appropriate action with your cards based on what you have been dealt and seeing what the dealers up card is showing. The possible steps to take are as follows:
- Stand- accept no more cards
- Hit- Take a card
- Split- Create two hands if you are holding a pair
- Surrender- A player surrenders his hand before the dealer has completed there, here the return is usually a 50% return on your initial bet.
- Double- You take an additional card and double your bet
The basic strategies above are for a blackjack game using 4 to 8 decks. It covers the surrender element of Blackjack as well as whether the dealer stands on soft 17 or not.
There is also an advanced strategy which is used by players to reduce the house edge even further and can involve the following:
- Card Counting, this is a method where a player keeps track of the hi and lo cards in a deck. Knowing the count gives you the advantage to determine the optimal time to increase your bets. It is not the most favoured method and has many negative connotations attached to it but worth mentioning.
- Shuffle Tracking- this is the most straightforward advanced strategy advice players can get, and based on the law of probability. Moreover, if you keep getting low cards, there will come a time when a high card will appear, observe what cards have been drawn. If they are low cards, the probability is high that you will get a high card.
New players to an online blackjack casino should always peruse the bonuses, promotions and special offers as this gives them some extra money to play with. The most recent and prevalent bonus is the no deposit bonus that blackjack players can take full advantage of as this type of bonus allows you to test the online casino and play for free.
It's important to always choose an online blackjack casino not only for their game selection but players must make sure it is reputable, safe, secure and regulated by an international gaming authority